Sunday, October 21, 2012

C4T #2 Summary

I was assigned to comment on David Truss' Pair-A-Dimes Blog.

In the first post that I commented on Mr. Truss was just starting a new job working with students and letting them experience the use of blogs. He did an activity with the students and gave them a tube of toothpaste and a paper plate. He told the students to squeeze the toothpaste out and try to put the toothpaste back in the tube. After several minutes of trying to do this, Mr. Truss stopped the students. He then explained to his students that once the toothpaste is out of the tube it cannot be put back in. He told the students that this was just like putting information on the internet; once it is put on the internet it will never be able to be taken back. That is why everyone should watch what is put on the internet. Everyone will always have an internet trail.

I told Mr. Truss who I was and that I was commenting on his blog post for my EDM 310 class. I told him that I loved the toothpaste demonstration and that my mom done this same demonstration except she talked about what comes out of someone's mouth cannot be put back in. I told Mr. Truss that this is what we are reminded of in Dr. Strange's Class. Dr. Strange tells us that we need to do our best on assignments and not say anything negative because we may be Googled by our boss one day. I then mentioned that I would share this lesson with my students whenever I became a teacher.

The second post that I commented on was a podcast. This was Mr. Truss' first podcast he had ever done. He done this podcast with a light scribe pen. He was at a conference and saw a friend of his and they conducted this podcast. In this podcast they mention how easy podcasting is, what tools can be used, and how it enables students to be exposed to higher level thinking skills.

I told Mr. Truss who I was and that this was my second comment that I would be leaving him. I told him that I enjoyed his podcast and learned several techniques that I would use whenever I became a teacher. I also told him that I was amazed at how simple podcasting is. Podcasting only requires a few tools and a speaker and you are good to go. I told Mr. Truss that I enjoyed exploring his blog and I hoped to come back and explore it more at a later date.

You can find Mr. Truss' Blog HERE!












No comments:

Post a Comment